Services for Cofounders
Would you ever consider sky-diving without any prior training or instructions? Probably not. The same should be true for business partnerships! They are great and can be very powerful and successful. If you know how to – from selecting the right cofounders, forming the right team, creating ongoing incentives and splitting the equity to documenting it in your cofounding agreement. Check what you need.
As a future cofounder some of the questions you will be considering are:
Joining an existing team: shall I join? How will I fit? What is the fair equity share I need to negotiate? What else do I need to be aware of?
- Individual session: information is power. Talk to us to find out what you need to do.
Forming a new cofounding team: do I have the right cofounders? How will we work together as a team? How shall we split the roles and responsibilities? What do we need to know about each other? Do we have an alignment on purpose of the company? How shall we split the equity? What are the options? Vesting? Cliffs? Milestones?
- Cofounding starter pack: to get you started on the right foot. Includes individual team assignment, cofounders team workshop and development of your cofounding agreement.
- When is the right time to do it? As soon as you start working together! The legal obligations and liabilities start there! Not once you start generating revenue or incorporate a company.
EXISTING COFOUNDING TEAMS
Are you an existing team and would like to make sure that you are in the best possible shape?
Having the solid base
- Improve the way you work together
- Review the team structure, including roles and responsibilities
- Manage a leaving or joining cofounder
- Review your existing Cofounding Agreement. Do not have any? Better late than never.
There is a trouble in paradise
Whether it is a disagreement within the team, dispute with leaving cofounder or team or simple underperformance of the team (or some members), we can help you – cofounder mediation is proven as the least damaging and costly way to resolve disputes.
Focus on equity splits
It is one of the most important decisions – and one which impacts your business going forward. And we find, there is very little guidance out there. And are here to help.
- Information on different equity split options and possibilities (fixed, dynamic, vesting, cliffs)
- Recommendation on what is most suitable for your team
- Dynamic equity split templates for the DYI (Do It Yourself)